Google drive is the cheapest online backup service. You can easily Backup computer to Google drive. Google provides 15GB of storage space with one mail. You can effectively use this 15 GB to take backup of your important files. So that you need not to spend money for online back up service. If you need more space, you need to spend money. When you are ready to spend money for backup, I recommend you to buy iDrive(75% discounted link). Because iDrive is cheaper than Google Drive.
Taking back up is very important. Because at any time, your PC may corrupt. You may reinstall your OS. At that time there is chance that you will lose your data. If you had stored your important files in Google drive, you can recover them easily.
- Read : Step by step guide to Back up android to Google drive
- It is possible to restore deleted files from PC,USB & Memory card
There are many online backup services are there. But no one is cheaper than Google drive. I have earlier written article about how to use spideroak online backup service.
In this article I am going to show you, how you can Backup computer to Google drive. It is very easy to use Google drive, Just follow my step by step procedure.
How to Backup computer to Google drive
- Head over to https://www.google.com/drive/
- Click “Go to Googledrive”.
- Login with your G mail. If you don’t have G mail, sign up for an account. You will see Mydrive home page. You will see your available storage in left menu shows that in below screenshot.
Click on “Get drive for PC” in left menu. You will see a new tab where you can download Google drive. Or You can also directly access https://www.google.com/drive/download/ to download Google drive for your PC.
- Click down arrow mark at download drive. You will see multiple options.
- Select “Mac and PC”. You will see a small window.
- Click “Accept and Install”. You will get setup file.
- Install the setup file. After installation, you will see welcome screen.
- Click “Get started”.
- Login with your G mail id and password in next window.
- Click Next -> Next -> Next -> Done. Immediately you will see Google drive explorer window. You can also see Google drive folder in your PC shows that in below screenshot.
Place important files and folders in Google drive folder. It will synchronize automatically to your online account. You can see tick symbol on folder after completion of synchronous.
You can drag files to this folder or you can use cut, paste operation. You can use Google drive folder same as your computer folder. If you want to edit any file, you need to open file from Google drive folder in your PC.
Click on Google drive symbol in right bottom task bar. You will see synchronous status, available storage space and other options.
Click “Visit Google drive on web” to check your files in online account.
You will see your computer folders in online account. In this way place any folder in Google drive folder, you will see that folder in your online account.
You can share these files from your PC it self or from Google Drive online account or from your mobile.
Next topic to Read: How to share files on Google Drive from PC and Mobile
Thanks for reading my article about Backup computer to Google drive. If you like it, do me favor by sharing it with your friends.