Want to know How to Disable Mac mail inline attachments? In Mac Systems, Mail application will display the image inline attachments having the text in it in email message. This way will be much convenient for the occasional messages sent or received. However when dealing with high frequency messages, people who receives or sends messages frequently feels uncomfortable with other images also. So they prefer to disable the inline image attachments and likes to have the images represented by icons.
In Mac the Mail application does not have any mechanism to disable inline image attachments in the preferences.
But the Terminal application will change the setting by using some commands and running them in it. Here are the steps that helps to disable inline attachments in Mail.app.
How to Disable Mac mail inline attachments
1. Open the Spotlight search from the menu bar.
2. Enter the ‘Terminal’ in the Spotlight search and select the ‘Terminal’ application.
3. Suppose if the Mail application is currently open and running, you have to quit the Mail application.
4. Enter the below command in the Terminal application
‘defaults write com.apple.mail DisableInlineAttachmentViewing -bool yes’
5. Now you can open the Mail application and check. The email messages that you receive or send will display the image attachments as icons instead of inline.
6. If you want to turn back of disabling the inline image attachments then enter the below command in Terminal to reverse the change.
‘defaults write com.apple.mail DisableInlineAttachmentViewing -bool no’
- You May Like : 8 Best Ways to Improve Mac Performance and Speed
- How do I create playlist in iTunes on Mac
- How to Encrypt Files on Mac with Password Protection
Now you know how to Disable Mac mail inline attachments. If this tutorial helped you, please share it and Subscribe to whatvwant.com for more updates. If you like to follow us on social media please like us on Facebook, G+ or Twitter.