It is very easy to Edit photo background with Photoshop elements. You can use “Magic eraser tool” or “Quick selection tool” to edit photo background. Here I am showing you how to use these two tools to change Image Background.
I am using Photoshop elements 11. I think procedure is same for almost all versions of Photoshop elements. When you buy Windows, you get Photoshop elements free of cost. So you need not to buy Photoshop.
- You may like : How to compress image
- How to resize image without loosing quality
- How to convert image to pdf
How to Edit photo background with Photoshop elements
Method 1 : Edit photo background with magic eraser tool
- Right click on Photo from which you want to remove background.
- Click on “Open with”.
- Click on “Adobe Photoshop Elements”. Shown in below screenshot.
Now Photoshop elements opens your image as shown in below screen shot.
- Make sure you have selected “Expert” option. You will see this option at top center.
- Click on “Eraser” tool in left menu.
- Select “Magic Eraser” tool.
- Just click on background of your photo. It will make background as transparent, If your image has plain background. If the background has no plain background, it will leave some marks. You need to erase them with “Eraser” tool.
- Click on “Select” in top menu. You will see some options. Click “All”.
- Click “Edit”. You will see a list of options. Click “Copy”.
Now drag second image which has to be background for first image. Drop in Photoshop elements. You will see second image at second tab as shown in below screenshot.
- Click “Edit” in top menu. Click “Paste”. Now you will see first image on second image.
- Make sure second image layer is selected. It is selected automatically. If not, click on that layer in right of window.
- Click on Move tool in left menu. Now your second image is selected.
- place courser in any corner of image. Hold left click of mouse and drag to resize image.
- Click “File” and click “Save”.
Now you have changed your image background. It is the easy method. If you want, you can also use quick selection tool.
Method 2 : Edit photo background with quick selection tool
Right click on photo from which you want to remove background. Open with Photoshop elements.
- Click on “Quick selection Tool” in left menu. Shown in above screenshot.
- Click on image background. Hold left click on mouse and drag to select entire background. If image background is not plain, you need some practice to do this. Other wise you may select the original photo. Now you have selected background.
- Click on “Select” in top menu. Click on “Inverse”. Now you have selected only photo.
- Click “Edit” in top menu. Click “Copy”.
Now drag second image on to Photoshop elements. Rest of the procedure is same as shown in first method. Paste the first image on second image. Resize the first image. You have changed the background of photo.
First method is very easy Compare to second method. If you have practice, you can use second method very effectively.
Thanks for reading my article about how to Edit photo background with Photoshop elements. If you like it, do me favor by sharing it with your friends.