“Sfc /scannow” command solves Windows 8 Create a password reset disk not working problem. Some times you see nothing after clicking on “create a password reset disk” option in Windows 8/8.1.
If you forget Windows 8 password, you can use this disk to reset Windows 8 password.
If you click on “Create a password reset disk“, you should see “Forgotten password wizard” window. But you see no pop up window. It means that your OS misses some files or OS has some corrupted files.
- Read : How to create Windows 8 password reset disk
- Forgot Windows 8 password : How to reset?
- How to remove Windows 8 log in screen
- How to set slid show as Windows 8 desktop background
You can solve this issue by scanning your system with command prompt. You need to use “sfc /scannow” command.
“sfc” means “system file checker”. This will scan your system files. If it finds any corrupted or deleted files, it will replace with the original files which are cached and stored in separate file.
You can get more information about sfc command from Microsoft forum.
Fix for Windows 8 Create a password reset disk not working problem
- Open command prompt as Administrator. If you don’t know how to run cmd as admin read run Windows 8 command prompt as admin.
- Type command “sfc /scannow” as shown in below screen shot. Press enter. Make sure that, there is space between “sfc” and “/scannow”.
Wait for 10 to 15 minitues till verification progress reaches 100%. You will see progress in the same window.
Restart your system. Now “create a password disk” option will work. You can see popup window from where you can create password reset disk. Read Windows 8 password reset disk to create password reset disk in Windows 8/8.1.
- Consider reading : How to Increase computer speed
- Tips to speed up Google Chrome
- How to Increase internet speed
I hope you like my article about “Fix for Windows 8 Create a password reset disk not working problem”. If you like my article, do me favor by sharing it with your friends.