It is very easy to Speed up android internet. When you reduce data usage, it will automatically Speed up android internet. This tutorial will give you simple tips to reduce android data usage to improve internet speed on your android phone.
Before reading this article, you must read,
Because, tips discussed in above articles may also help to increase your android internet speed.
Speed Up Android Internet By Reducing Data Usage
1. Set Automatic App Updates over WiFi only
When you switch automatic app updates ON, they will update automatically when update available. Your internet speed become slow while update is running. Because update takes the data. You can switch off automatic updates or you can set automatic updates over WiFi only. Even when you switch off automatic updates, you can update them manually. To change automatic app update settings,
- Open “Play Store” app.
- Touch on menu symbol which is a three horizontal lines symbol in top left corner.
- Go to “Settings”. You will see below screen.
- Tap under “General”. You will see three options shows that in above screenshot.
- Check “Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only”. If you like, you can check first option which is “Do not auto-update apps”.
2.Turn on Restrict background data and Turn off Auto Sync data
When you turn on “Restrict background data”, it will stop some apps and services from working in background. So that you will save data, at the same time you will get good internet speed.
You can turn off auto synchronous option only when you want to save data. Otherwise, it is best practice to turn on auto synchronous. To change settings of these two options,
- Go to “settings” from your mobile’s apps menu.
- Go to “Data Usage” under “Connections”. You will see below screen.
- Touch on three dots in the top right corner shows that in above screenshot.
- Check “Restrict background data”.
- Un check “Auto sync data”.
3.Consider using ad free pro apps
When you use free apps, they will display ads. That means, it consumes your data. So that it may cause to slow down your internet speed. You may consider upgrading free apps to ads free pro apps. Almost Every free app may have option to upgrade to pro version.
4.Use Opera Mini browser
Opera Mini is a light version of opera browser. It will compress webpages, so that it will save your data to Speed up android internet. This browser does not support all websites. It will not display many websites. In that case, you can go for next step.
5.Use Google chrome data saver
It is the last and best tip to save data and to increase internet speed. Though android browser is the best browser, you may consider using Google chrome. Because it has special data saver feature. When you enable data saver feature, Google compresses webpages by using their server. To enable data saver option,
- Open Google chrome. If you don’t have Google chrome in mobile, you may download Chrome from Google play store.
- Touch on three dots in top right corner.
- Select “Settings”. Scroll down up to “Advanced”. You will see “Data Saver” option under “Advanced”.
- Touch on “Data Saver”. You will see below screen.
Toggle it to ON in top right corner. Now use your internet through Google chrome. You can see how much data you have saved through this option shows that in below screenshot.
You can follow same procedure in your computer to reduce data usage and to increase internet speed.
Even after following my steps, your internet may not be blazing fast. But I am sure that you will get some improvement in internet speed.
Thanks for reading my article about Speed Up Android Internet By Reducing Data Usage. If you know any other methods, do share in comment section. If you like it, do me favor by sharing it with your friends.