If your Acer laptop wont boot up Windows 7, try these solutions. One day I have seen my friends lap top not booting. I have tried all the possibilities to restore. Finally I succeeded. In this article I am going to tell you what I have done to solve Acer laptop wont boot up Windows 7 problem.
Solutions for Acer laptop wont boot up Windows 7 problem
Last Known good Configuration
It is the first method you need to do for solving Acer laptop wont boot up problem.
- Power on your PC and keep on pressing F8.You will see “Advanced boot options”.
- Select “Last known good configuration” by using arrow key .
- Press enter. It may restore your PC.
- When you see Acer logo press Alt+F10.
- Press enter if you see Microsoft Windows boot screen.
- Select your restore type after Acer eRecovery management loaded. It will restore your PC.It will take more than one hour to restore your PC.
If Alt+F10 is not working, then go for next step.
Remove external devices
Some times Windows may try to boot from external devices. So remove Pen drive, CD or any other external devices. Now restart your PC. If PC is not loading properly, then try next step.
Start PC with only power supply
Just remove battery and connect power card to power supply. Restart your PC. Some times it may work.
Power drain procedure
- Remove Ram, Hard disk, battery and power card.
- Hold down power button for one minute. You can do this without removing RAM and Hard disk.
- Replace every thing. See whether your PC booting normally other wise go for next step.
Check whether hard disk is as first boot option or not
- While starting up your PC, Press F2. You will get in to bios.
- Select “Boot” tab in top menu.
- Check whether your hard disk is at first boot option. If it is not, select hard disk as first boot option. Still problem persists, try next solution.
Set default bios settings
- While starting up Your PC,
- Press F2. You will go to bios screen.
- Press F9 and select “Yes”. It will set your bios to default settings.
- Press F10 and select “Yes”. It will save your default settings.
Try to restart your PC. It may start, other wise try next one.
Boot in safe mode
- Restart PC.
- Keep on pressing F8. You will see “Advanced boot options”.
- Select “Safe mode with networking” by using arrow keys. You can also select “Safe mode”.
- If your system boots in safe mode, Open command prompt with admin privileges.
- Use SFC /SCANNOW command it will check your system files. It will Replace damaged files with original files.
- You can also reset your system to back date by using system restore.
Now restart your PC, your PC will start in normal mode. If you are unable to get into “Advanced boot options” by using F8 then go for next step.
Use start-up repair
Place your recovery DVD in cd drive.If you don’t have recovery DVD, you can get Windows 7 DVD from your friend and from any shop. If your PC not recognizing CD drive then you can skip this step.
Note :- You can use any DVD to repair but you should not reinstall any DVD. If you want to reinstall OS, it is advised to use Acer recovery DVD only.
- Restart PC.
- When you see” Press any key to boot from CD”, press any key.
- Choose your language, time and everything. Press next.
- Click on “Repair your computer”. You may see this link in the bottom corner or any where in the screen.
- You will see some options. Select “Start-up repair”. It will troubleshoot your PC and repairs booting problem.
Remove hard disk and RAM
Remove your hard disk and RAM from your laptop. Clean them and reinstall. Some times it may work. Now restart PC. If it boots normally then it’s ok other wise place windows DVD in DVD drive and use start-up repair.
If still problem persists, it is the problem with your hard disk. You need to replace hard disk or you need to contact Acer support.
Reinstall fresh OS
If your hard disk and PC is ok, the last thing you need to do is reinstalling fresh OS from your recovery DVD. If you don’t have recovery DVD, you need to contact Acer support for recovery DVD. Because you should not install other Windows 7 DVD. You can only repair with other DVD.
I hope you like my article about Acer laptop wont boot up Windows 7. If you like it, do me favor by sharing it with your friends. Let me know which solution worked for you through comment section.