Want to Change IP address on Mac? You can change it with simple steps. Just follow this simple guide and change the IP Address as you desire.
IP address can be changed to maintain identity from the common network from IP Standard point of view.
It can be useful to avoid unauthorized access and any attacks from those who are targeting the IP address you are using.
Also, the changes are network specific, so you’ll need to change the DNS servers every time you connect to a new wireless network. The good news is that OS X remembers the settings, so you won’t have to do anything the second time you connect to a network.
- You can also read: 5 Ways to change IP address and details about types of IP addresses
1.How to Change IP address on Mac
Follow the below steps to change IP address on your Mac system:
1. From the top menu bar at the left, select apple menu by clicking on apple icon.
2. Choose ‘System Preferences’ from the options available.
3. System Preferences window will open and choose the ‘Network’ option under Internet & Wireless category.
4. Network window will open as shown in below screenshot.
5. By default, the ‘Ethernet’ will be selected. Click on Advanced button at the bottom right corner.
6. The new window will open and by default, the ‘TCP/IP’ tab will be selected. In this window, you can view the currently assigned IP address and the details.
7. From the Configure IPv4 selection options, choose ‘Using DHCP with manual address’.
8. Then you can see the option to add the new IP address in the IPv4 Address field.
9. Enter the new IP address in the IPv4 Address field.
10. Click OK button and then click on Apply to apply the changes successfully.
11. Suppose if the newly added servers seem not working, reboot the system and test the servers again.
2.Change your Mac IP using Tor Browser
Tor Browser is an open source project. It is a free browser available to Mac as well as Windows. It uses multiple nodes to process your data. When you browse the internet from this browser, it will assign new IP from tor network. If you browse the internet from any other browser, your IP will not be changed. You must browse internet only from this browser to hide your IP. It will encrypt your data from your browser to tor network. Ofcourse reverse is not possible with this browser like in VPN services. You can mask your IP, you can unblock any website and you can browse inernet anonymously.
3.Use VPN service
It is the best method to change your IP and to encrypt your data. When you use VPN service, even your Government or ISP can not track your IP and your online activity. It will mask your IP and gives you different IP. It can unblock any website blocked in your country. It will encrypt your data so that no one can hack your online activity. You can browse from any part of the world virtually. You need to read What is VPN? Why You should use it for more details.
There are many Top VPN services available. ExpressVPN is the best one. But it is expensive. If you need a cheap and best alternative, I suggest NordVPN(77% Discounted Link). You can also check Our NordVPN discount Coupon page for the latest offers.
- Related: 5 Points Guide to Buy a VPN service
- 5 Best VPN services for Torrenting that support P2P Traffic
I hope you got the solution on how to Change IP address on Mac and why it is important to do this. If you feel good, please share it and follow us on social media please like us on Facebook, G+ or Twitter.