You can use the free OCR tool to Extract text from image. Have you ever meet some inspiring contents you want to save and share with others, but cannot copy/paste online? I assume yes, as there are a variety of useful info stored on images, protected documents, as well as websites where doesn’t support copy features. What if you really need to keep them? Retype all text seems tiresome. Here is a super quick and easy way to retrieve all text from any places that displayed on your screen – Easy Screen OCR.
If you regularly do this kind of work with PDF documents, I suggest you go with any one of the Top PDF editor software like Wondershare PDFelement which is the best alternative to Acrobat DC. It gives all features including OCR. You can read Our Wondershare PDFelement review for complete details.
What is Easy Screen OCR?
It’s a quite flexible freeware to extract any text on your browser screen instantly. No need to download and upload any image to OCR tool, now you can just select the image and get the editable text within a click. Additionally, Easy Screen OCR offers an excellent selection of features you may find useful:
- Recognize over 100 languages around the world.
- Easily capture a section of the screen with no need to upload any images.
- Self-customized hotkeys to grab the screen on the spot.
- Extract text from various files including images, protected PDFs, scanned files and more.
- Convert the captured screen into editable text in the popped-up window directly.
- Save the captured snapshot on your laptop as image or PDF automatically.
How to Extract text from image using Easy Screen OCR?
Just follow these simple steps to perform your OCR process:
- Visit easyscreenocr website to download and install this free program. Run it on your computer and an ‘A’ icon would pop up in the system tray.
- Click on the “Capture” button to start OCR capturing process. Or take a capture with a customized hotkey.
- Drag your mouse over the area you’re going to capture. The captured image would be displayed in a popped-up window automatically.
- Simply press the “OCR” button and waiting for seconds, the OCR process will be done quickly. You can then edit, copy or share the converted text with others if needed.
- Right-click the “Preference” button in the system tray, here you are allowed to select the corresponding language with text and customize hotkey to start OCR.
- In the meantime, if you’d like to save selected part on your screen as images (GIF/PNG/JPG/BMP) or PDFs, Easy Screen OCR would be a right choice.
Overall, Easy Screen OCR is a smart and handy tool for OCR all protected text on your screen. You can grab them from images, scanned PDFs and others, also convert them into editable one instantly. It would definitely boost your efficiency on work and life simultaneously! Can’t wait to have a try? Click here to check out and enjoy it!