Here is the answer for the question “How to create a website shortcut on desktop” for easy to navigate WebPages. If you crease shortcut to any website or webpage, You can open website or webpage without opening browser.
I browse internet daily to know new ones and find solution to my problems through search engines. I found solutions to my problems in some specific websites.
So I often visit that websites by speed dial or typing URL on address bar of browser instead of using search engines. Speed dial is a faster way to open website but I want to open a website easy and faster than speed dial. I thought is there any shortcut to open a website (webpage) fast and easier than speed dial ,without opening browser, typing url or using search engines.
For this I search in Google and I found a desktop shortcut to a website. By this solution I open webpage simply double-click on website shortcut icon on desktop without speed dial or searching or typing URL and opening browser.
I think so many want to know how to open their often visited WebPages fast and easily by simply double-click. For those I share how to create a website shortcut on desktop in this article. It’s very easy to create a website shortcut on desktop. By reading this article you can easily create a website shortcut on desktop.
how create a website shortcut on desktop using browser
- Open a website on your browser which you want to create a website shortcut on desktop.
- Resize browser window by click on restore down icon on top right corner of the browser.
- You’ll see a desktop window and browser windows on same screen.
- Find an icon that is left side to the address bar shows that in below figure.
- Now hold on that icon and drag it to desktop.
Now you have completed to create a website shortcut on desktop . If this doesn’t work on your computer, do another method to create a website shortcut on desktop using windows options as below.
How to create a website shortcut on desktop using windows option
- Open your favorite webpage on your browser which you have to create desktop shortcut.
- Copy the URL in address bar of the browser.
- Minimize the browser and place the mouse cursor on desktop.
- Press right button of the mouse.
- Click on new.
- Click on shortcut.
- So you can see a window of create shortcut. In that window paste the URL under type the location of the item and click on next.
- Now give a name to that shortcut under type a name to this shortcut and click on finish.
- Now you can see a website shortcut on desktop.
By double-click on that shortcut you can open webpage directly on default browser. Now you can navigate webpages fast and easily by simply double-click on website shortcut icon on desktop.
For more information on how to create a website shortcut on desktop visit Official Microsoft Post
Thanks for reading my article about how to create a website shortcut on desktop – 2 simple methods. If you like this article do me favor by sharing it with your friends. You can also leave a comment in comment section.