How to create guest account in windows 10 ? Here is the simple procedure to create local guest account in Windows 10. It is always good practice to use guest account for other people who wants to access your computer.
You should not give your admin password to any other person. Creating guest or user account is the only option, When you want to give permission to others for accessing your system without providing your admin password.
How To Create Guest Account In Windows 10 ?
Click on search icon in task bar right to start symbol. You will get search bar.
- Type “User Accounts” in search bar.
- Press “Enter” or Click on “User Accounts” symbol. Shows that in above screenshot. You will see “User accounts” window shows that in below screenshot.
Click on “Manage another account”. Shows that in above screenshot. You will see “Manage Accounts” window. Shows that in below screenshot.
In above screen, you can see all your accounts. If you have only one Admin account. You can see only one account, like in above screenshot. Click on “Add a new user in PC settings”. You will see “Settings” window shows that in below screenshot.
You will see “Family & other users” option is selected. In this place you can add account to your family members or to others. You can add your child account and you can control that account.
When you want to add guest account to other users, Click on “Add some one else to this PC” under “Other Users”. You will see below screen.
You need not to add email or phone number for guest account. So click on “The person I want to add doesn’t have email address” shows that in above screenshot. You will see below screen.
You need not to create Microsoft account for guest account. So just click “Add a user without a Microsoft account”. Shows that in above screenshot. You will see below screen.
- Type user name. You should not type “Guest” in the username field. Because windows will not accept this word. Instead, you can type “Guest 1” or any other name.
- Enter Password, Re enter password and type password hint.
- Click “Next”. After some seconds, you can see your new account name in settings window.
Restart your system, you will see two accounts in bottom left corner. You can click on any account name to login into that account.
You can also limit this account privileges by changing account type. To do that follow below procedure.
How to change Account type in windows 10
Click on search icon.
Type netplwiz in search bar. Click on the same word below “Best match” shows that in above screen. You will see “User Accounts” window.
You can see your admin account and guest account in “User accounts” window. You can check account type just below “Group”. You can check your newly created account type as “Users”. You can change this type to “Guests” or any other account type. Remember each account has certain privileges.
- Click on Newly created account name.
- Click “Properties”. You will see “Properties” window, shows that in above screenshot.
- Select “Group Membership” tab in top menu. By default first option (Standard user) might have been selected.
- Check “Other” option.
- Click on down arrow mark in the rectangular field. You will see available options. Select any one, you will see it’s privileges just below rectangular box.
- You can select “Guests”.
- Click “Apply”.
- Click “Ok”. Immediately you will see change in account type in User account window.
- Click “Ok”.
Thanks for reading my article about How To Create Guest Account In Windows 10 ? If you like it do me favor by sharing it with your friends.