You can easily Resize image on Mac by using the Mac’s Preview application. The Preview app will behave as an image editor which also offers resizing, cropping, rotating and annotating the images. We have already discussed 3 Methods to resize image without loosing quality. This time we are showing you to resize image on Mac.
Why the images should be edited?
Resizing an image is required as the image size should be increased or decreased based on the business requirement, circumstances and contrast. To view the image contents clearly it is necessary to increase the image size for better view. If you need complete photo editing features, I suggest you to buy Photoshop. Don’t want to spend money, continue reading this article.
How to Resize image on Mac
Below are the steps useful to resize the image:
1) Preview app in Mac is the best image editor to edit the images to resize to the required.
2) The app can be opened through the spotlight search, typing for preview in spotlight search and opening it.
3) Select the image that has to be edited and open with ‘Preview (default) app.
4) Then the image will be opened in the preview window with all the options available in menu bar.
5) Click on the Tools in the menu bar and select the ‘Adjust Size’ option.
6) It will open the Image dimensions dialog or resize dialog that provides you option to resize the image.
7) This supports variety of measurement units like pixels, inches, cm, mm, points etc.
- Related: Image Compression techniques
8) Here you will have the options to fit the image into specific pixels as shown in below screenshot. You can directly choose the available dimensions (width*height) pixels from the options available.
9) If the dimensions available not fit to your size, then select the custom and enter the values manually in the Width & Height text boxes. Select the measurement unit from selection box.
10) Once the sizing has done, click on OK button to save the changes and that is done!!
I hope you like this tutorial about how to Resize image on Mac. If you like it, please share it with your friends. If you are a professional in photo editing field, you must buy Photoshop.