How to share files on Google drive ? Here is the answer for this question. You can share any file on Google drive for free of cost. You can share from your PC or from your mobile or from Google drive account. In this tutorial I am going to show you How to share files on Google drive by using all these three methods.
If you want to share files from PC or mobile, you need to install Google drive on your PC and mobile. Read below tutorials for step by step procedure to use Google drive on PC and mobile.
As you know that you will get 15GB free space from Google drive. If you need more space, you need to spend money. When you are ready to spend money for backup, I recommend you to use iDrive(75% discounted link). Because iDrive is cheaper than Google drive.
- Read : Step by step guide to back up computer to Google drive
- Step by step guide to back up android to Google drive
If you want to share file directly from Google drive account, you just need a G mail account.
1. How to share files on Google drive with G mail account
- Head over to https://www.google.com/drive/
- Click on “Go To Google Drive”. You will see it in the middle of the page.
- Login with G mail id and password. You will see “My Drive” home page shows that in below screenshot.
- You can directly drag and drop file from your PC. Or
- Click “New”. You will see available options.
- Click “Folder”, if you want to create folder in Google drive account.
- Click “File upload”, when you want to share file.
- Click “Folder upload”, when you want to share folder. Here I have selected “File upload”. because I am showing you how to share file.
- You will see another window from where you can browse your computer folders. Select your file from PC. It will upload to your Google drive account. You can share entire file or just its URL. It is best to share URL.
- Select your file. You will see some options in top right, shows that in above screenshot.
- First option is “Get link”.When you click this, you will get URL. And you can send this URL through mail or any other media. Second option is Share option. Click on share symbol. You will see another window, shows that in above screenshot.
- If you want to send entire file, just type recipient name or Email in the rectangular box under “People”.
- You can change options.
- You can type a message in the rectangular box.
- Click “Send”. It will send file.
If you want to send just URL, Click on “Advanced” in bottom right corner, shows that in above screenshot. You will see sharing options below URL,shows that in below screenshot.
Click on G mail or any one of the available symbol. You will see another window where you can enter recipient email. Now recipient will receive only URL. Like this you can share any file by using Google drive.
You can also do this procedure from your PC folder. For that you need to install Google drive on your PC by following the procedure in How to use Google drive in PC.
2. How to share files on Google drive from PC folder
- Make sure your PC is connected to internet.
- If you have installed Google drive in your PC, you will have Google drive folder.
- Open your Google drive folder. You will see all the files which are synchronized with your online account.
- Right click on any file or folder to share.
- Click “Google Drive”.
- Click “Share”. You will see same sharing window which is shown in first method. enter recipient E mail and send file.
3. How to share files on Google drive from android mobile
- Install Google drive app in your android mobile. You can also read how to use google drive on android.
- Open Google drive app.
Click on + symbol, shows that in above screenshot. You will see available options, shows that in below screenshot.
Click “Upload”. Select any folder or file and upload to Google drive.
Tab file and hold on it. You will see option symbol shows that in above screenshot.
Click on options symbol, shows that in above screenshot. you will see available options, shows that in below screenshot.
If you want to send file as it is, select “Send file” option.
If you want to send just URL, you can select “Share link” option. You can select any one of the two options, but you will see same window, shows that in below screenshot.
You can select any one option. You can select G Mail to send your file via G Mail. Enter recipient mail in next window and send the file or its URL.
Thanks for reading my article about How to share files on Google drive. If you like it, do me favor by sharing it with your friends.