You can use Android phone WiFi hotspot feature to connect other devices to internet. When you configure WiFi hotspot in android phone, you can use mobile carrier data in laptop or tablet. You can also use mobile data in desktop, if you had used WiFi adapter or WiFi LAN card.
You don’t need any android app to use your android phone as WiFi hotspot. Because It is inbuilt feature of android. But your data carrier must support tethering. If your carrier does not support tethering, you need to use android app like FoxFi.
- You may also like: 8 Proven Tips to speed up android Phone
- How to transfer apps from one android to another
What is Tethering?
Tethering is nothing but connecting one device to another. Tethering allows devices to share internet from one device to another. You can use USB,bluetooth or WiFi to connect devices. When tethering is done by WiFi, it is called as mobile hotspot. You can read more details from Wikipedia.
Now we will see how to use Android phone WiFi hotspot feature.
How to use Android phone WiFi hotspot
- Turn on data in your mobile.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Connections shows that in above screenshot.
- Touch on Tethering and Mobile hotspot. If you don’t find this option. You can search in More Networks option or in WiFi option.
Touch on Configure Mobile hotspot you will see below screen.
- Type any name in Network SSID field. It is the identifier of you mobile network which you can see in another devices.
- Select WPA2PSK under Security. When you want to set password for your WiFi, you must select security option. Otherwise you can leave it as open. But, when you set it open every one can access your internet. It is always recommended to set password. Now you will see password field.
- Type your required password in Password filed.
- Touch on Save.
Now you will come back to Tethering and Mobile hotspot window.
Now you have configured WiFi hotspot. When you want to use WiFi in other devices go to Tethering and Mobile hotspot settings and check rectangular box near to Mobile hotspot.
Search for WiFi connections from your laptop or tablet or other mobile or desktop. Select your detected device and enter password. Use your mobile connections internet.
You may find that using mobile internet in PC is somewhat slow. I have already written some articles about how to boost mobile internet speed in PC. I am sure that below article will help you to boost mobile internet speed in PC.
- Read : 5 Tips to speed up android internet by reducing data usage
- How to reduce data usage to save internet bandwidth
- Must know tips to increase internet speed
- How to monitor internet usage
I hope you like my tutorial about using Android phone WiFi hotspot. If you like it, do me favor by sharing it with your friends. You can also leave a comment in comment section.