We can insert, edit and remove Hyperlink in word like in websites. You can insert web page URL or document or any picture as hyperlink.
What is hyperlink?
According to Wikipedia Hyperlink is a reference to data that can directly follow either by clicking or hovering. You can read more details in Wikipedia. When you click Wikipedia you will see another page with URL https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperlink . This address is called as hyperlink and the text which has this address (here “Wikipedia”) is called hypertext.
You can see usage of hyperlink and hypertext in all websites. You can use the same thing in ms word. You can insert web page URL, any other document and any picture. You can insert anything from your computer.
You may like : How to insert and remove watermark in word
How to insert Hyperlink in word
There are two methods to insert hyperlink in word.
Open ms word document.
- Select the word by using shift + arrow or by using your mouse.
- Right click on the selected word.
- Click on “Hyperlink”. You will see below figure.
- Make sure that you have selected “Existing file or Webpage” option.
- If you want to insert web page URL, type or paste URL in the address field at the bottom of window.
- If you want to insert any other document or picture from your computer, Click on down arrow mark near to “Look in:” field. You will see your system folders. Browse any folder for your document or picture. Select document or picture.
- Click “Ok”.
Remember if you had inserted web page URL, it will work in any other system which has internet. If you had inserted local computer’s document or picture, it will work only in your system. Because other system does not has your file or picture.
Now you have inserted hyperlink. Document will look like in below screenshot.
- Place courser on hypertext, you will see hyperlink to which it points.
- Press ctrl key in you keyboard. You will see change in courser symbol.
- Now click, it will redirect to other page.
Open word document.
- Select text.
- Go to “Insert” in top menu.
- Click on “Hyperlink”. You will see a window where you can enter hyperlink in address bar as shown in first method. Enter URL and press OK.
How to edit and remove hyperlink in word
Open word document.
- Select the hypertext from which you want to remove hyperlink.
- Right click on hypertext.
- Click on “Edit hyperlink” to edit hyperlink. You will see edit hyperlink window from where you can edit hyperlink.
- Click on “Remove hyperlink” to remove hyperlink. It will remove hyperlink from hypertext.
Thanks for reading my article about hyperlink in word. If you like it, do me favor by sharing it with your friends.