Want to Merge multiple PDF files into one PDF document? Merging PDF files has become a common need for many people nowadays. People combine 2 similar files together many times to save their PC from becoming a mess. But there are very few methods available for doing so and not many of them are free. So here we bring you two methods to merge multiple PDF Files together for Free !!
Instead of trying free methods, I suggest you use Adobe Acrobat Reader Pro which gives you every feature for PDF files. It is the expensive one, so I also suggest you Wondershare PDFElement which is the cheap and best alternative to adobe reader. It gives you almost every feature what you need to do with PDF files. If you need complete details read our review about Wondershare PDFElement. WhatVwant readers get 20% discount on PDFElement through this page.
- Useful Articles: 2 Free Ways to Convert word to PDF with hyperlinks
- Top 10 PDF Editor comparison Chart (Features & Price)
1.Merge multiple PDF files Using PDFmerge (Online)
This method requires an active internet connection and a browser which most computers have. This method is generally used for people who don’t feel the need to download a whole dedicated application which will be used only for merging PDFs. This method will work on almost any operating system which can be used for surfing internet.
All you need to do is –
- Open up your favorite browser on your Windows / Mac PC and visit PDFmerge website
- Once you are there you will see multiple buttons with ‘ browse ‘ written on them. Just select all the PDF files you want to merge. You can also click on ‘ More Files ‘ if you want to add more PDFs.
- All you need to do now is click on ‘ Merge ‘ and it will upload your files, it can take up to a minute so sit back and relax. Once done it will take you to the download page where you will be able to download the final merged PDF file.
- Also Read: How to Protect PDF From Copying With a Free Tool
- 5 Ways to Combine PDF Files Into One PDF Document
This Method is can be used only for Windows as of now and requires downloading a Software which is completely virus free. This way can be useful for people for whom merging PDF files is a daily requirement and are ok having a dedicated application for that.
The Application we are going to use is called as PDFsam which stands for PDF Split and Merge. It’s a free application which also offers some Paid features but Merging is a free feature.
All you need to do is –
- First of All, you need to download the PDF split and merge application from PDFsam website. It will download a .msi file which you need to install on your windows. It is quite easy to setup as you will be helped by a wizard.
- Once the app is all set, just open it and select the merge tool when it shows you all of its modules.
- In the merge tab, you will see an option to drag and drop or browse files, use whichever you are comfortable with and select the desired settings.
- Once you set everything up just hit ‘ Run ‘ and it will start the conversion process and later will ask you where you want to save the merged PDF, just select any location and you just did it!
3.Using Wondershare PDFElement
As I mentioned PDFElement is the cheap and best alternative to Adobe reader. Let us see how it merges multiple PDF files.
Buy or Download the free trial of Wondershare PDFElement. Install the software and open the software. You will see below screenshot. Select Combine PDF option.
Select Add Files option. Browse your computer and add multiple PDF files. You can also add different file types like Word, Excel, etc.,
You can merge all pages from each PDF file. If you want to merge only particular pages, you can use Page Range option.
Select Next option your file will be ready.
- Also Read: 3 Ways to Split PDF into multiple files
- How to Combine files into PDF using Acrobat reader