Want to know What is Factory reset? Want to know How to Reset Android to factory settings? Want to know what happens if I reset my phone? This tutorial will give you complete information about Android factory reset and the methods to do the factory reset.
It’s somewhat necessary to update ourselves along with the technology and here comes the Mobiles Phones. For now, We will be discussing Android Mobiles(Mobiles which run Android Operating System) as they own 70% of the smartphone market.Now or then, We will be using Android at least once in our lifetime.Smartphones give us a number of features which results in some data output. For example, we will be using camera and Photos can be the Data. One can save data on their Phones for various Reasons. Sometimes we need to factory reset our Mobiles for many reasons.
Here we will be discussing info regarding the Factory Reset of an Android Mobile.Most of the devices Posses same settings for Factory Reset.Let me dig it deep for you…
What is factory Reset?
Factory Reset Is nothing But a feature which erases User installed applications along with data, User-Driven Data from an android’s storage.In General way, We Might install a number of applications which parallelly creates data and after factory reset the data and application are completely erased from Mobile and it will be a just unboxed Smartphone.
Why One need to Factory Reset Mobiles?
Reasons Might be Many. Here are the top reasons to perform Factory Recent without a Thought.
- Storage Full
- Applications Not Working Properly
- Mobile Freezing
- Incorrect working
- Taking a long time to load installed applications
- Some may Just want to reset their Mobiles.
The only Purpose is to clear off complete data on their Mobile.
What are the uses of the factory reset?
- Unnecessary data from installed android apps will be cleared.
- Your Device will turn into a brand new one.
- Some Small bugs will get Fixed.
- It doesn’t take much time to load apps as it works like a brand new mobile.
- If you are willing to sell a mobile, It’s a hard task to locate and delete all your data.Now factory reset comes in handy as it will delete all of your data in a single click and cannot be restored again.
- It wipes off different accounts which are associated with your device with a single click.
Despite Advantages, There are a few disadvantages.Here are some of them
- You might lose your data completely if you perform it without a backup and the data will not be restored again.
- Factory Reset shows a minute effect on Battery’s Life.
Precautions to be taken before the process:
Factory Reset is a powerful feature which cannot be Backed.I suggest following the steps before starting the actual process.
- Backup Your Data to Google Drive or any Disks. Read How to backup Android to Google Drive.
- Remove your External Memory card and Sim card.
- Charge Must be above 50% to perform this action.
How to Reset Android to factory settings?
Reset of an Android device is almost same for all Brands and versions.It can be done in 2 ways.One is from Settings and the other is using Volume and Home Buttons.
1.Reset Android to factory settings Using Mobile settings
- Head on to settings in your Android Menu from Menu or Shortcut.
- Search for “Backup and reset” or “Factory Reset” option in settings(In some Mobiles Settings -> Additional Settings->Backup and Reset).
- Click on Backup and reset and then Factory Reset.Make a backup of your data.
- Now click on the reset button and make sure to read each and everything which is displayed on the screen.
- It will ask for the final confirmation by asking it again or your mobile password.It’s done.It might take minutes and the device gets restarted.It looks like a Just unboxed Mobile.
2.Factory Reset using Button Method:
It’s more simple as compared to above. It just involves a parallel click with the buttons.It Works for all mobiles in the same way.
- Power off your Mobile
- Hold on Power off, Volume Up and Volume Down at a time and wait for 5 seconds.The order of holding might be different for few mobiles.
- Remember, you need to hold all buttons for a while at a time.
- Reset Screen appears. Click on wipe data using volume buttons.
- It’s done.Wait for a few minutes.
Over to you:
Hope you had understood each and everything involved in factory reset of an Android Device.Suggesting you once again, Backup your data before performing such actions on mobile as it can’t be restored. You can use cloud storage services like Google Drive or iDrive(90% discounted link) to store your phone data. This process works on all mobiles and minute changes(easy) may be required depending on your Smartphone Brand. Let me know your issues if any in the comment section.
- You Might Like: 2 Ways to download YouTube videos on Android
- Top 5 List of Free app stores for Android