Files saved as PDFs are extensively used in our business due to its high portability across different platforms. Sharing information as PDF would make sure everyone is able to view it as you intended. This is great. However, as elements increase, the PDF with growing size will bring you trouble when it comes to online browsing or attachment sending. Hence, it is necessitated to reduce their overall size for better sharing. With the aid of a piece of free PDF shrinker software, you will have the PDF document compressed to a much smaller file in an ideal size.
Save your time on searching the appropriate tool to shrink PDF. I will introduce you the best free PDF shrinker for Windows and show you how to use it with just a few clicks.
The Best PDF Shrinker for Windows 7/8/10
PDF Compressor V3 is an easy-to-use software program that can compress your PDF documents to a perfect size with 100% lossless layout and quality. It is able to compress PDF to 100 kb to the utmost extent. So, it drastically saves your time of opening PDFs online and makes it possible for you to send them through email. Its primary way to shrink the size of your PDFs is cutting down image DPI level and removing elements embedded in PDFs.
In addition, if needing to print a PDF faster, you can use this PDF compression program to remove all colors from images within PDFs with its RGB-to–Grayscale feature. This free PDF compressor also enables you to edit metadata as regards to PDF’s title, author, subject and keywords.
It is the premium software. But you can use its free trial for 10 times. Free trial will give you all premium features for ten times.
You can only compress PDF files with this product. If you are a regular user of PDF files, I suggest you use Wondershare PDFelement which gives you many options like converting, compressing, etc., It works almost like Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Related: 4 Ways to convert PDF file into a Text file
- 3 Ways to merge multiple PDF files into one document
How to Shrink PDF on Windows with PDF Compressor V3
You can free download the Trial version of this PDF optimization program. Installing the program takes minimal efforts. After the hassle-free installation, launch the program and a minimalistic interface comes into view.
Step 1. Import File
You can click on “Add File (s)” button to browse for the file and upload it to the program.
You can also drag and drop the file into the target area.
Tip: Batch importing files is allowed.
Step 2. Configure Compression Options
This PDF shrinker program comes with 5 compression options for your management of compression process.
Click on “Settings” and a pop-up window appears.
- On the “Images” tab, once you select “Remove All Images”, all images within PDFs will be removed after compression process. You can also keep images and lower the image quality level by selecting “image quality level’ and setting the DPI.
- On the “Elements” tab, if you turn on the button, the corresponding element in PDFs will be all removed after process. You are allowed to remove annotations, bookmarks, attachments, unused objects, unused streams and unembed fonts.
- On the “Grayscale” tab, you can check the box to enable “Convert PDFs from RGB to Grayscale”. If this option is enabled, all other optimizations will be disabled.
- On the “Optimize for Web” tab, if the box is checked, you will enable “Optimize PDF documents for the Web”. Meanwhile, all other optimization options will be disabled.
- On the ”Metadata” tab, you can edit the metadata by adding title, author, subject and keywords.
Step 3. Set Saving
You can choose the saving directory same as the source.
You can also customize where to save output files.
You can also choose the saving directory same as the source or different
Step 4. Start Compression
When everything is ready, click on the “Compress” to initiate the compression process.
After a few seconds, all compressed PDF files will be found in the selected destination folder.
That is how easy the PDF compression is with PDF Compressor V3. This PDF shrinker is a straightforward and efficient tool that is capable of compressing PDFs in batch mode and delivering good compression results. It is a free software program but also offers the cost-effective premium version. Try it now! And you will find there’s none better than it. Check PDF compressor V3 Price and Features
- You Might Like: How to protect PDF with password and anti-copy technology
- 2 Amazing Ways to remove Password from PDF