You can easily compress pdf file. Here I am going to discuss, 3 possible methods to compress pdf file. There are many free online and offline tools available to compress pdf. So you need not to spend money to compress pdf. It’s just about selecting best one.
Premium PDF editor softwares will give you option to optimize your PDF document. The best software is Adobe Acrobat Reader. It is expensive software. So you can go with cheaper alternative iskysoft PDf Editor for Windows or iskysoft PDF editor for Mac. I am sure that, adobe acrobat reader, iskysoft Mac PDF editor and iskysoft Windows PDF editor has option to optimize PDF.
1. Compress pdf online
Online method is the best, for those who does not want to install software in PC. Of course there are many online websites available to reduce pdf file size. I have written comparison of 5 top online pdf compression tools.
I like smallpdf among the five, because of its simplicity and fast. I have tested smallpdf website with 475 KB file. It converted 475 KB file to 98 KB. That means it reduced file size by 80%. Follow below procedure to compress pdf online by using smallpdf.
Go to http://smallpdf.com/compress-pdf. You will see below screenshot.
Drag and drop your pdf file or click on Choose file. You will see a small window, where you can browse your PC folders and select file.
Select pdf file. It will upload, compress and gives the result within seconds.
2.Use pdf compressor software
Many free Pdf compression software s are available. The simple one is FreePDFCompressor. It’s interface is very simple.
- Download it from freepdfcompressor.com.
- Install the software. You will see a window shows that in above screenshot.
- Click Browse to browse your computer folders. Select your pdf file.
- You can change output folder by clicking on “Save As”.
- Select any one of the five options in settings.
- Click compress. You will get compressed file.
It has five options in settings. I have tried all options with my 2.59 MB file. Below are the results.
- First option has produced 2.45 MB output file.
- Second option has given 2.57 MB output file.
- Third option has given 2.79 MB output file. That means you will not get compression from third option.
- Fourth option has given 2.88 MB file.
- Fifth option has produced 2.69 MB file.
3.Compress pdf file by Creating zip file
You can compress any file by creating zip file. You can use a free software like 7-zip to create zip file. You can reduce file size by 10 to 20% with 7-zip. If you want to get more compression levels you need to go for paid softwares like winrar.
Free PDF compression tools will compress your PDF up to certain level. If you need best features you need to go for premium PDF editing softwares like Adobe Acrobat reader or iskysoft PDF editor for Windows and iskysoft PDF editor for Mac.
Thanks for reading my article about Compress Pdf File. It you like it, do me favor by sharing it with your friends.