You can easily Update graphics card driver of your system. In this article, I am going to show you the simple procedure to update graphics card driver. By following my method, you can upgrade the graphics card in any Windows operating system quickly.
Why & When you need to update graphics card driver?
Suppose you have installed a new game. If it doesn’t support the version of your graphics card, you may get an error that “graphics card is not supported” and you can not install the game. Not only in this case, but you may also get this kind of error in many situations.
- Read: How to create system restore point in Windows
- How to show/hide / Resize desktop icons in Windows
Solution to avoid this kind of errors is to update your systems graphics card driver. Updating graphics card cost you nothing. Your system may have Graphics card of Intel or NVIDIA or any company. Almost all businesses offer the latest version of drivers free of cost.
Whatever the operating system you are using, you can see and update graphics card in device manager. There are different methods to get access to device manager in windows 8 and other windows operating systems.
Irrespective of the operating system, you can update graphics card by visiting manufacturers official website. To update graphics card of NVIDIA visit this link. To update Intel graphics card visit this link. Before going to visit the manufacturer links, you must know your graphics card’s name, Windows version and series number. To know these things you must follow below methods.
How to Update graphics card driver in Windows10,8.1 & 8
Press “Windows” button keyboard to enter start screen. In windows 10 you can avoid this step.
Type “Device manager” in search field. If you are using windows 8, you need to select settings by clicking on down arrow mark at search. If you are using windows 8.1, you will see “Device manger” word below search box. You can directly see Device Manager in Windows 10. Click on Device manager. You will see Device manager window.
You can also open File explorer -> right-click on This PC -> Select Manage -> Click on Device Manager to see device manager option.
Click on arrow mark at Display adopters as shown in above screen shot.
Just below Display adapters you can see your systems graphics card’s name and version. Probably you can see Intel or NVIDIA or any other
Now you can use two methods to update graphics card.
- right-click on Graphics card name. Click on “Update driver software”. It will automatically search in the internet for the updated driver and downloads the driver.
- Note down your graphics card name, series and every thing which is displayed under “Display adapters”.Go to your Graphics card manufacturer’s website.Go to drivers or Download drivers section.Enter your graphics card name, series, your operating system and all the details asked there.download latest version of your driver and install it.
How to Update graphics card driver in windows 7/XP
Follow the below procedure to update your graphics card in windows 7 and windows XP.
Right click on My Computer icon.
Select Manage and Click on Device manager. You will see Device manager window. Follow above method.
I hope you got solution to Update graphics card driver issue. If you still see problems with your drivers, you can consider AVG Driver Fix and Updater($10 discounted link) to fix and update your drivers automatically.
- You may also like: Windows 10 editions comparison with features
- How to schedule a task in Windows with task scheduler
If you have any thing to share, please share in comment section. You may consider sharing this article.