What is VPN? Today most of you want the answer to this question. Today almost every country Government putting more and more restrictions to use the internet and blocking many websites. VPN is the best way to avoid Govt. restrictions. This article will give you details about what is VPN? What are the uses of VPN? Some recommended VPN services and Why you must use it?
What is VPN?
VPN stands for Virtual Private Network and it covers a whole range of technologies which give its users the ability to securely connect to a network, from a remote location through a public network. Basically, the internet. In simple words, VPN helps you to create a safe and encrypted connection to the Internet.
As with other software and technologies, there are two types of VPN.
- Commonly called as “remote access”, it allows a user to access a network in another location across the internet. Basically, it makes you incognito to any kind of searches you make to both your internet provider and any 3rd party service provider. This is the most common type of VPN
- Called a site-to-site, it involves connecting the user to a network in one location to a network in another. It’s a harder concept and not so many people use it.
To summarize things and put them plainly, VPNs allow separate networks to communicate between them in order to be completely secured for the user. Therefore, they allow the data sought to travel between these two networks without being seen or accessed by 3rd parties
What is VPN connection?
VPN allows you to securely create a connection to another network over the internet which is called a VPN connection.
What is VPN Service?
The company who provide a VPN network is called VPS service provider. You can not create your own VPN network. You need to subscribe to any one of the Top VPN service providers. They will give desktop clients and apps for mobiles to connect to their VPN network. VPN service providers maintain secure servers in almost all countries in the world. You can select any one of the servers to access the internet from their server.
Why Should I use VPN?
Everyday hacking and Malware attacks are getting increased. Today online security is the precious thing. You might think that you would get complete security with the Top antivirus software like AVG Internet Security (20% Discounted link). But that is not true. Antivirus products can stop only virus and malware entering into your PC. Anyone can hack your online activity. VPN service is the must-have tool to encrypt your data so that no one can hack your online activity.
Some Governments like the US are allowing their ISP to sell user internet activity to the private companies. So your complete online activity is seen by your ISP and they can sell the data. When you use VPN service, even ISP or Government cannot see your online activity.
So when you need complete protection, you must use a VPN service along with your antivirus software.
How VPN works?
When you browse any website from your computer or mobile, first your request goes to your ISP then ISP will send the request to the website server. So ISP will know what you are doing.
When you use VPN service, your request will go to the VPN server. They encrypt your data and sends the request to the requested website. So no one can see your encrypted data.
What is the use of VPN service?
- VPN service providers server encrypt your data so that no one can hack or crack your data. Read 8 Ways That you can prevent hacking of your PC/Mac/mobile.
- Even ISPs can not track your online activity. You can read 3 Ways to Prevent ISP tracking.
- You can hide or Change your IP. Read 5 Ways to Change IP address.
- You can change the GEO of your computer to unblock websites which are restricted by your country Government. Unblock website.
- You can access torrent websites to download movies. Read 5 Best VPN services for torrenting that support P2P traffic.
- Some VPN services provide more features like adblocker, Firewall and Malware protection.
How to Buy a VPN Service
While there are many free and premium VPN services available, I suggest not go with the free VPN services. They will display ads and change your search engines and you will get more issues.
While buying a VPN service you should consider about the features, the number of servers, available encryption methods, fastness of the servers, popularity, and much more factors. You must read Our 5 Points Guide to buy a VPN service for complete details.
Recommended VPN services
I have listed the Top VPN service providers. I always recommend NordVPN(77% discounted link) which gives you better features for very less price. If you don’t mind about spending little more money for the best security and speed, I suggest you go with ExpressVPN service.
Usually, VPN service providers frequently run promotional offers. I suggest you Visit our VPN services deals section or NordVPN discount Coupon page and ExpressVPN discount coupon page for the latest VPN offers.