Network usage monitor is very easy in Windows 8. No need to install any other software. Windows 8 has network usage monitor option.
If you don’t use Windows 8, read my article about how to check internet data usage.
You want to check internet usage. That means, you may have limited data plans. Below articles will help you to save data usage as well as to monitor internet usage.
- Read : How to save data usage.
- How to monitor internet usage.
- How to save data on Windows 8 with metered connection.
Follow below steps to monitor internet usage.
How to use Windows 8 Network usage monitor option
- Connect you PC to internet.
- Click network symbol in right bottom corner.
- Right click on your network name.
- Click on “Show estimated data usage” shown in below screen shot. Now you can see estimated data usage from past date.
If you want to check data usage from now, Click on “Reset” shown in below screen shot. It starts counting data from now. Better click on “Reset” on date from which your ISP’s billing cycle starts. So that you can see exactly how much data you are using according to your ISP billing cycle.
At any time you can click on “Hide estimated data usage”, if you don’t want to show data usage.
In above screen shots, you can see “Set as metered connection” option. This option helps to reduce data usage. You can read How to use Windows 8 metered connection option to save data usage.
There is data usage app for Windows 8. You can also use this app to monitor data usage. When you have simple option, why should we use app unnecessarily. Better use Windows 8 Network usage monitor option.
Thanks for reading my article. If you like this, do me favor by sharing this article with your friends.