We must create Windows 8 password reset disk. Because at any time , we may forget our system password. If you have password reset disk, you can reset your password very easily.
You can use same procedure in Windows 8.1 to create password reset disk.
What is password reset disk ?
You can use your pen drive as password reset disk. Pen drive stores a small file “userkey.psw”. If you forget your system password, you can use this disk to reset your password.
You can use this disk as many times as you like.
Note:- 1. You can create password reset disk only for local user account. You can not create password reset disk for Microsoft online account.
2. You should keep this disk in a secret place. Because any one can reset your system’s password with this disk.
If you have already lost password and want to reset password of your computer you can,
If you had lost windows password and above free methods did not work for you, the you need to buy reset password pro. It will reset any windows password within 5 minutes. It will come with 60 days money back guarantee, so you can try it.
Procedure to create Windows 8 password reset disk
- Go to start screen.
- Type “User Accounts”. Click on “User Accounts”. You will see “User Accounts” window.
- See left menu. Third one is “Create a password reset disk”. If you log in with Microsoft account, you cannot see this option. If log in only with local user account, then only you will see this option.
- Now place pen drive. Click on “create a password reset disk”. You will see “Forgotten password wizard” window. Some times you will see nothing after clicking on “create a password reset disk”. That means your OS misses some files. To solve this problem read fix for Windows 8 password reset disk not working problem.
- If you see “Forgotten password wizard” window. Click next.
- In next window you will see your pen drive name. If you don’t see, click on drop down menu and select your pen drive. Click next.
- Type your password in next window. Click next.
- Click next.
- Click finish.
Now your password reset disk is ready. You can see userkey.psw file in your pen drive. If you forget your password in future you can use this pen drive to reset password.
For more details you can see Microsoft’s Windows 8 password reset disk article.
Thanks for reading my article about Windows 8 password reset disk. If like my article, do me favor by sharing this article with your friends.