How to Increase computer speed ? Every PC user ask this question. It seems to be tough task. But not actually. Within 10 minutes you can make your computer faster.
It is very easy to increase computer speed, if you follow the procedure given in this article.This article also covers the solution for how to “increase start-up speed”, “low memory error” and “100 per cent disk usage error” in windows 8.
You can use this procedure for almost all operating systems of Windows.
How to Increase Computer Speed??
First thing first, paid pc tune up utilities like avg pc tune up will make your PC faster automatically. I usually prefer to use Bullguard Internet Security. Bullguard has included PC tune-up functionality in its internet security. It has improved my PC performance while giving best protection. Moreover it is very less priced. You may read my review about Bullguard Internet security and How to improve PC performance with Bullguard Internet Security.
When you don’t like to spend money, then Follow below ways to increase computer speed manually.
1.Issue with Google chrome
If you are using Google chrome, uninstall it. Because initially it takes less RAM compare to IE. If you opened many tabs, the RAM consumption would be multiplied. Even if you close any tab, Google chrome runs the tab in the background and consumes RAM. I suggest to use IE.
Still if you want to use Google chrome, then go to the setting of Google chrome. Go to Advanced settings. Uncheck “Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed” Under “System”. It will stop Google chrome to run in background and saves RAM.
In the second step to increase computer speed, I will suggest you to use Ccleaner a free PC cleaner software to clean cache memory. Cache memory has the unnecessary files, because of which your system becomes slow. It is very important to clean cache memory to improve your systems performance. You should also use cache cleaner software for your mobile.
Clean cache once in a week or once in a day. It will also free up some memory in C drive. You can set this software to clean your computer’s cache memory automatically. It is also available in paid version. Even though free version does the trick for you, you will get support, complete cleaning and automatic update option in paid version.
When you want to go for premium version and looking for cheaper alternative to Ccleaner, I can recommend you to go with Wisecare365. I have used it, it was really impressed me a lot. It comes with lifetime purchase option. So you need not to pay monthly. You may also read my review about Wisecare365 for more details.
3.Increase virtual memory – Solution to low memory issue
In the third step to speed up pc, I will suggest you to increase your system’s virtual memory. If you are getting the low memory error in windows, increasing virtual memory is the best solution.
Important reason for slowness of PC is less RAM. If you want to improve you PC speed, you must increase RAM. For that you can buy extra RAM and install it in your system. Before buying Ram read my article about Which Ram should I buy to know compatibility of Ram with your PC.
It is possible to increase computer speed without using extra RAM by increasing virtual memory. When your RAM is full, Windows use virtual memory to run programs. So if you increased virtual memory, indirectly you had increased the RAM. Follow below procedure to increase virtual memory.
- Right click on “my computer” or “computer”. Select “properties”.
- Click on “Advanced system settings”. “System Properties” window will be opened.
- Click “Advanced” tab in the top.
- Click on “Settings” tab under “performance”. “Performance options” window will be opened.
- Click on “Advanced” tab in the top.
- Click on “change” under “virtual memory”.
- Select “C” drive.
- Click on Custom size. Write the amount equal to your system’s RAM size in the rectangular box near to “initial size”. Or you can write the recommended size which is given in the last row in the same window. Write the double size of you RAM at “largest size”. My RAM Is 2GB so I have written “4000” in the largest size.
- Click on “Set”,Ok, Ok, Ok.
Now enjoy the fastest PC with the double size of your PC RAM.
4.Disable unnecessary background processes and services-solution for 100 per cent disk usage
In the fourth step to make computer faster, I will suggest you to disable unnecessary processes and services. It will also give you the solution for 100 per cent disk usage error.
Windows runs too many background processes and services. Because of these services you may get low memory error and 100 per cent disk usage problem. Follow below procedure to disable them.
- Press ctrl + Alt + delete and click one task manager. You can also open task manager by right clicking on task bar. Task manager shows background processes. If it does not show, click on more details.
- Click on arrow mark left to any background process. It will display all the processes related to that process.
- Right click on process. Click on “Open services”. “Services” window will be opened. This window has all the processes and services.
- Right click on any unnecessary process.
- Click on “Properties”. Properties window will be opened.
- Select “Manual” in the rectangular box near to “Start up type”. You can also select disable. But instead of disabling, it is better to select “Manual”. Because, when you disable, Windows never run that process. If you keep it as manual, Windows does not run the process, but if it needs that process it will run the process.
If you confused that which process to be kept in “Manual”. Below screen shots shows the list of unnecessary processes and services, which I kept in Manual.
Right click on each process, put them in manual condition.
Now your PC will be very fast.
After putting all these services in manual condition, your 100 per cent disk usage problem must be solved.
- You may also like : 8 Proven tips to Speed up Android Phone
- 6 Tips to Speed up USB file transfer
- How to Increase Download Speed with Free download manager
Disk defragmentation will also help to improve computer speed. Read what is disk defragmentation and how to use it in windows.
Increase start-up speed
I have written separate article about how to increase start-up speed. Read simple tips to increase computer start-up speed.
While following above methods, you can improve your PC performance. Since it is manual procedure. You may have to recheck every thing after some time. Instead I recommend you to use Bullguard Internet Security, Because of its PC Tune up feature and its less price. Whatvwant readers get special discount through below link.
I hope you like my article about “Increase computer speed”. If you got benefit from my article, do me favor by sharing this article with your friends, family and colleagues. You may Subscribe to whatvwant newsletter for more tips. You cal like us on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.